Harvard performed a six year study on creative people. One of the key facts they learned was that creative people do what is called “association.” Associating ideas from one field of study to another is what I have referred to for years as “cross appropriating.” Taking ideas, concepts and practices from other industries and using them in the church world is an effective way of ministry.
Creative leaders think outside the box. They are tenacious when it comes to solving problems and relentless in making improvements. The church could use more God-called creative leaders. For the most part, the church is the definition of “box.” It is sad to see churches operate with 1950’s methods. Please do not confuse creativity with watering down the Gospel. Creative leaders are very effective in reaching people with the Gospel.
Here are a few services Life Catalyst provides that fit the “cross appropriate” approach:
- E! Guest Services
- Discovery Session
- Bridge the GAP Workshop
- Team Leadership Development System
- Personal Leadership Development System
- Building a Winning Staff Team Workshop
Check out www.lifecatalystconsulting.com for more information.
When will it end? How much longer can our country remain great if we do not stop the craziness? What I am referring to is the thought “government owes me success.” Our country is on the verge of bankruptcy because of this ideology. What can you and I do about this dilemma? Let’s begin with taking personal responsibility for our own lives. Process these statements:
- I currently possess everything I have truly wanted and deserve.
- My possessions, my savings and my lifestyle are an exact mirror of me, my efforts and my contributions to society.
- What I sow is what I reap.
- If I am unhappy with what I have received, it is because as of yet, I have not paid the required price.
- I have full responsibility for the best use of my time.
- I accept full responsibility for both the success and failures in my life.
- I will no longer choose to compromise with my undeveloped potential.
Join me in making a “Declaration” of Personal Responsibility. Yes, it can be scary but remember, you have God on your side. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 Let’s start a new revolution!
- Team Leader’s Non-Negiotiables
- Part 8: 3×5 Plan- Final Thoughts
- Part #7: Creating Your Own 3×5 Plan (continued)
- Part 6: Creating Your Own 3×5 Plan
- The 3×5 Plan: Part 5: Confirmation
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (4)
- April 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (4)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (3)
- May 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (2)
- December 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (2)
- November 2009 (1)
- February 2009 (1)