Examples of everyday Shark Tanks
Board Meetings, Sales or Bank Loan Presentations, Potential Investors,
Book Publishers, etc.
1. BE PASSIONATE
Passion is contagious.
2. BE PREPARED
If you shoot from the hip, you might shoot off your foot.
3. KNOW THE NUMBERS
Be knowledgeable about all the key metrics.
4. LISTEN AND DO NOT BE DEFENSIVE
It is hard to listen if you are doing all the talking.
5. HAVE A GOOD TRACK RECORD
Without a proven track record, you may not be ready.
6. BE A DISCIPLINED COMMUNICATOR
Be careful with the curse of knowledge.
7. STAKEHOLDERS BUY INTO PEOPLE AS MUCH AS THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE
Being credible and likable is important.
8. GET SOMETHING VALUABLE BESIDES MONEY
Wisdom and feedback are invaluable.
9. MORE SHARKS ARE BETTER THAN ONE.
You cannot have enough good advisors.
Follow these nine suggestions and enter the Shark Tank with confidence!