BLOG

Living your best, with no regrets!
Six Faces of Humility

Six Faces of Humility

I think humility is an underrated quality in leaders. When leaders are humble, others follow and serve them without hesitation.   These Are the SIX FACES OF HUMILITY:     1. A Servant Leader   Be willing to do what you ask of your followers. Put others needs above...

3 X 5 PLAN: Personal Growth Made Simple

3 X 5 PLAN: Personal Growth Made Simple

A daily plan is critical for success!   I have found that most people operate with the NO PLAN approach when it comes to planning. No plan is a plan; it is just the worst plan!   Take 1% of your day to plan the other 99%:   Tools Needed Pen and 3 X 5 Index card for...

A Santa with a Cause

A Santa with a Cause

A Santa with a Cause Santa Clause is a great example of the importance of having a cause. His whole existence is for others and one day; Christmas. Without a cause bigger than yourself, you will either be self-absorbed or lack direction for your life. How to Embrace...

41:  What Greatness Looks Like

41: What Greatness Looks Like

  Last week, President George Hubert Walker Bush “41” passed away. Hearing all the tributes to this man inspired me to write this article. 41: What Greatness Looks Like:   UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR HIS FAMILY • He married his high school sweetheart and took care of her...

Three Types of People

Three Types of People

THREE TYPES OF PEOPLE GIVERS- TAKERS- MATCHERS   1. MATCHERS Most people are matchers; they are willing to share as long as others do the same.   2. TAKERS These people automatically think of themselves first. They consider their interests ahead of others and act out...

What To Do When You Are Confronted

What To Do When You Are Confronted

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE CONFRONTED (A Good Follow-Up on Resolving Conflict) Five Rules to Follow:   1. Don’t Get Defensive We tend to defend ourselves.   2. Thank the Person For Coming Directly To You Yes, thank them! They could have complained to others instead of...

Resolving Conflict – Part 2

Resolving Conflict – Part 2

12 STEPS TO RESOLVE CONFLICT  7. SPEAK THE TRUTH RESPECTFULLY Speak truth, but with love (Velvet brick). 8.  ATTACK THE PROBLEM, NOT THE PERSON Don’t use “you” statements; use “I” statements. 9. DEAL WITH SPECIFIC AREAS, NOT GENERALIZATIONS Specifics will help the...

Resolving Conflict – Part 1

Resolving Conflict – Part 1

12 STEPS TO RESOLVE CONFLICT  1.  LEARN TO EMBRACE AND RESOLVE CONFLICT Not by flight or fight; be proactive. 2.  ADDRESS YOUR ANGER APPROPRIATELY Don’t make it worse by your actions. 3.  SEEK UNDERSTANDING, NOT VICTORY Learn to listen. Your goal is not to win. 4. ...

Before You Enter The Shark Tank

Before You Enter The Shark Tank

Examples of everyday Shark Tanks Board Meetings, Sales or Bank Loan Presentations, Potential Investors, Book Publishers, etc.   1. BE PASSIONATE Passion is contagious.    2.  BE PREPARED If you shoot from the hip, you might shoot off your foot.    3.  KNOW THE NUMBERS...

Sizing Up Leaders; 5 Questions to Ask

Sizing Up Leaders; 5 Questions to Ask

What determines whether a leader is strong or weak? Asking these questions may give you the answer!   1.  Does the leader have growth potential? A.  Are they the real deal? You can’t reach your potential trying to be someone else. B.  Do they play to their strengths?...