BLOG

Living your best, with no regrets!
FIVE CORE ABILITIES LEADERS NEED

FIVE CORE ABILITIES LEADERS NEED

    CORE ABILITY #1     SIMPLIFY    Take something that can be complicated and make it simple. (Some people take something simple and make it complicated).     “If you confuse you lose.” Donald Miller       CORE ABILITY #2  ...

WHY MY BIGGEST FAILURE BECAME A DEFINING MOMENT

WHY MY BIGGEST FAILURE BECAME A DEFINING MOMENT

At the age of 17, I began my first  business. When I was 27 years old, that business was a 5 million dollar operation. Wow! I made so many mistakes during these years; it would take a lot more than this twenty-minute talk to tell you about it. You have heard me say...

12 WAYS TO MESS UP TEAM MORALE

12 WAYS TO MESS UP TEAM MORALE

RATE YOURSELF: 1- Poor 2- Average  3- Excellent   1. Do nothing to establish a friendly rapport with others.   2. Focus on what is wrong with others.   3. Be preoccupied with your own responsibilities.   4. Never give an unrestricted compliment;...

THE CARING, CANDID LEADER: FRANK; MEET MR. BLUNT!

THE CARING, CANDID LEADER: FRANK; MEET MR. BLUNT!

The most effective leaders “speak the truth in love.”   What Does Caring Candor Look Like?   1. Having Good Relationships with Other Team Members   A.  Build TRUST with team members.  B.  Focus on LISTENING well.   C.  Express EMPATHY when appropriate.   D. ...

How To Be Extraordinary: The Fred Factor Principles

How To Be Extraordinary: The Fred Factor Principles

How can you be extraordinary? Follow these principles from Fred the Postman:   1. Everyone Can Make a Difference.    No one can prevent you from being exceptional.   2. Success is Built on Relationships.    Treat fellow team members with dignity...

Six Faces of Humility

Six Faces of Humility

I think humility is an underrated quality in leaders. When leaders are humble, others follow and serve them without hesitation.   These Are the SIX FACES OF HUMILITY:     1. A Servant Leader   Be willing to do what you ask of your followers. Put...

3 X 5 PLAN: Personal Growth Made Simple

3 X 5 PLAN: Personal Growth Made Simple

A daily plan is critical for success!   I have found that most people operate with the NO PLAN approach when it comes to planning. No plan is a plan; it is just the worst plan!   Take 1% of your day to plan the other 99%:   Tools Needed Pen and 3 X 5...

A Santa with a Cause

A Santa with a Cause

A Santa with a Cause Santa Clause is a great example of the importance of having a cause. His whole existence is for others and one day; Christmas. Without a cause bigger than yourself, you will either be self-absorbed or lack direction for your life. How to Embrace...

41:  What Greatness Looks Like

41: What Greatness Looks Like

  Last week, President George Hubert Walker Bush “41” passed away. Hearing all the tributes to this man inspired me to write this article. 41: What Greatness Looks Like:   UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR HIS FAMILY • He married his high school sweetheart and took...