You may have heard of the book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, written by Stephen Covey. I have read it several times and recommend it to others.
These are the Seven Habits listed in the book:
1. Be proactive
2. Begin with the end in mind
3. Put first things first
4. Think win/win
5. Seek first to understand, then be understood
7. Sharpen the saw
Now, here are Seven Habits of highly unsuccessful people:
1. They don’t prioritize their time
2. They don’t have proper boundaries
3. They are know it all’s
4. They over-promise and under-deliver
5. They have a fixed mindset
6. They lack self-awareness
7. They get defensive in receiving feedback
Let me recommend that you take an honest look at your life and identify any of these seven habits. Then work on changing it.
I would also suggest incorporating the habits of highly effective people.