Nearly everyone has a personal growth plan, but many have what I like to call a default plan. They implement some good growth ideas, but they are scattered or haphazard. I believe you need to purposely design your personal growth plan. You can easily build a few times during the day to learn something new!
A sample of my daily growth plan:
- Wake at 5:30 a.m.
- Exercise while listening to an Audiobook
- Breakfast and study (Usually a book or magazine)
- Commute – Listen to a podcast
By 8:00 a.m. if I have done these simple things my daily growth plan is already a success. The rest of my day includes:
- Online courses – I love online courses and the flexibility they allow in learning
- Read books – before bed or in downtime moments
- Blogs/articles in magazines
- Podcasts – on in the background while working on other things.
Designate time during your day to learn and grow. If you are not growing, you won’t be able to encourage others to live, lead, and finish well.