12 STEPS TO RESOLVE CONFLICT
7. SPEAK THE TRUTH RESPECTFULLY
Speak truth, but with love (Velvet brick).
8. ATTACK THE PROBLEM, NOT THE PERSON
Don’t use “you” statements; use “I” statements.
9. DEAL WITH SPECIFIC AREAS, NOT GENERALIZATIONS
Specifics will help the person grow.
10. SEEK AND GRANT FORGIVENESS
The goal is not to win, but to restore.
11. DEAL WITH CONFLICT PERSONALLY.
Go directly to the person. Don’t ever reprimand others in public.
12. BE GENTILE, PEOPLE ARE FRAGILE
Compassion and empathy are needed when you confront people.